Curaçao Dolphin Therapy & Research Center is continuously looking for motivated and qualified assistants to assist in the therapy program. An assistantship at CDTC is a challenging but rewarding experience. As an assistant, you will carry a great deal of responsibility, and at the same time gain a vast amount of educational experience in your field of interest, while having the opportunity to do tremendously gratifying work that will benefit handicapped individuals.
Please find below the offered assistantship/internship positions:
As a therapy assistant at the CDTC, you have the chance to work together with therapists of different professions, such as physical therapists, psychologists and speech therapists. You will work together with the same therapist and client for a period of 2 weeks. Each daily session (5 days a week) is 2 hours and you have a maximum of 3 sessions per day. During these sessions the role of the assistant is to support the therapist with preparing the session, organizing the materials, working together in the therapy room, assisting from the dock during the water time and taking notes of the session. Besides assisting during the therapy, an assistant will also prepare the working area in the morning and clean up at the end of the day. The working times (and days) will depend on the number of clients in that period and your personal schedule. It can happen that you also need to work during the weekend. Therapy assistants of CDTC receive free accommodation close to the Sea Aquarium Park.
Therapy assistants should meet the following requirements:
- Available for a period of 3 months (timeframe is set by CDTC and limited to a
maximum of 90 days)
- Preferably recently graduated in a medical/therapeutic field such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, behavioural/family therapy, speech therapy, psychology or another related field
- Between the ages of 20 and 35 years old
- Enjoys working with children and young adults
- Good physical and mental condition as some physical work in the direct sun might be required
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English, Dutch and German
If you are interested in an internship in the second half of 2020, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your motivation letter, CV (both in English) and photo, between October 1st and November 30th, 2019. For an internship in the first half of 2021 please send your application between March 1st and April 30th,2020.
Please mention that you apply as a therapy assistant in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications or ones sent outside the mentioned timeframe will not be taken into consideration. Assistants for the therapy department are selected one year in advance.
At CDTC we find it important to involve the whole family in the therapy. The sibling program is a program in which the siblings from the therapy children can participate for two hours a day, for two weeks. You will work closely together with one of our social workers, which is responsible for the program. During the two-week program we offer the siblings different activities, like marine life education, watching the animal shows at the Curaçao Sea Aquarium and spending time at the beach snorkeling or playing beach volleyball. Besides the fact that the children learn a lot about all the animals at the Sea Aquarium, the kids will meet other siblings from the different families, living with similar family situations.
- Minimum of three (3) months.
- 3rd year in Higher Professional Education, (HBO).
- Between 20 and 30 years old.
- Applicant enjoys working with children and teenagers.
- Interested in educating kids about marine animals like sharks, fish and turtles.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, pro-active, responsible and creative.
- Good observation skills.
- Good physical and mental condition, due to hard physical work that is frequently required under very warm climatic conditions. Applicant must love to be several hours a day at the beach, swimming and or snorkeling.
- Computers skills; MS Office is a must.
- Good written and spoken command of Dutch, English, and German.
- Compensation Nafl 400,- per month.
Are you interested in an intern position at the Sibling Program, please mail us your motivation letter in English or Dutch and your CV in English to email@example.com.
Internship Dolphin Trainer
- Education/experience in marine biology or animal care/-training in the third or fourth year.
- Minimum age is 18 years old.
- Good Dutch and English speaking skills.
- Available for six - eight weeks (maximum period of the internship).
- Willing to work on weekend days.
- You are flexible, enthusiastic, motivated and in a good physical and mental condition.
If you are interested in this intern position please send us an e-mail with your motivation letter, CV (in English or Dutch) and a picture can be sent the whole year round to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention ‘Internship within the dolphin trainer team at CDTC‘ in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications or those submitted outside of the mentioned timeframe cannot be taken into consideration. Interns for the therapy department are selected one year in advance.
We already scheduled interns for the year 2019. From 2020 spots for an internship are available again.