DOLPHIN TRAINER (fulltime)
Since 2004 offers CDTC dolphin assisted therapy programs to children and adults with special needs.
The duration of this personalized program is two weeks and can be conducted in several languages (mainly Dutch, German and English). The care for the family is an essential part of our therapy concept.
As a dolphin trainer, you, together with a therapist, strive to make the therapy period for the patient as special as possible. A period in which the wellness and safeness of the people and the animals are important. As a dolphin trainer you are responsible for the daily care of the dolphins. Preparing fish, cleaning and maintaining duties are also part of your daily job.
(Therapist and dolphin trainer are 2 different positions which cannot be combined).
- Has a minimum of five (5) year experience in animal training;
- Knows operant conditioning;
- Possesses a dive certificate;
- Has a good command of the Dutch and English language, German is recommended;
- Has good swimming skills and a good physical condition;
- Does not mind working on weekend days or holidays;
- Affinity with special needs people is recommended.
The right candidate lives or wants to live on Curaçao, is enthusiastic, creative and a team player with a hands-on mentality. Our new colleague loves the sun and does not mind working outside and is highly motivated for the job.
- an internal training program;
- a challenging job with a lot of responsibility;
- working in a natural setting within an international and young team;
- salary and working conditions that are in accordance with the island.
Are you interested in this job? Please send a motivation letter – in English - with curriculum vitae and photo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Ms. Romy van Leeuwen. Our preference will go to a person with Dutch or American nationality due to permit requirements.