Important information for your therapy scheduled for 2020
influenced by the COVID-19 situation
Don't stop dreaming about your next Dolphin Assisted Therapy!
The Covid-19 situation affects us all, but CDTC believes in the time when we can welcome you and support you again with our care, love and therapy, and simply offer what we love and are the best at.
News about the Corona Virus on Curaçao
On July 8th, the Curaçao government decided to open its borders without quarantine measures for travellers from the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. The opening of the borders has now been definitively confirmed on June 23rd. The maximum number of travellers that can enter our island (for the time being) is 10,000 per month. This is a manageable number to control any spread of the Corona Virus on the Island. Europa sees Curacao as a safe destination to which travel can be resumed in a safe and responsible manner.
For your journey
Although traveling without quarantine on Curacao is now possible, the following measures have been adopted by the local authorities of Curacao. You should take the following measures into account:
- Before departure you will need to fill out the digital immigration card online. Find the digital Immigration card via this link: https://dicardcuracao.com/portal;
- Within 48 hours before departure, you need to fill out the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) and carry a printed document of proof with you. Find the PLC via this link: https://dicardcuracao.com/portal;
- Before traveling, all travellers must undergo a PCR test no more than 72 hours before the flight. You must organize the test yourself in your home country and it must be carried out by an accredited laboratory. You must have the result of the test with you during your trip to and stain in Curacao. The test applies to travellers form 1 year old. Th airline will ask you to show your test result. You will also be asked to load the test result via this link, in which you can also find the locations where you can perform the PCR test: https://dicardcuracao.com/portal;
- You must have a valid travel insurance, including medical coverage.
In addition, we strongly advise you to look at the cancellation conditions of your trip. When a family member is tested positive for the Corona virus, this person is not allowed on the flight.
At arrival on Curacao
- Take into account the 2- meter “social distance” rule on Curacao;
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory on the plane, at the airport and at CDTC, if requested. Please keep this in mind for your return trip as well. Bring enough face masks;
- There will be a special app with information about Covid-19 on Curacao for every arriving passenger.
Find in this document the security measures that apply at the airport on Curacao (Hato) (Download PDF)
The reopening of CDTC on July 6th 2020
CDTC has decided to offer therapy again starting from July 6th, period 14. Meaning that all other therapy periods further ahead are re-opened for therapy as well.
Some adjustments haven been made to our program in order to meet the hygiene and social distance requirements. When resuming our therapy program, your safety and health and that of our staff and dolphins is our top priority. CDTC can assure you that therapy can be resumed in a safe and responsible manner. Read more about the CDTC’s Covid-19 regulations here.
If you have booked the dolphin assisted therapy program starting from July 6th, we are pleased to announce that this therapy can continue.
When you cannot fly
The CDTC must adhere to its regular cancellation policy for the period in which traveling to Curacao becomes possible again. An exception is made in the following situations:
- If your flight has been cancelled by the airline and has been confirmed in writing that it will not be able to provide an alternative flight for you prior to the start of your therapy period;
- If the therapy child or the parent or caregiver is tested positive for Coronavirus 2 to 3 days before arrival.
In both cases there is a travel restriction due to the measures imposed by the local authorities of Curacao at the time. In both cases we ask you to send us a copy of a written document confirming one of the above situations. We will then provide you with the option to rebook your therapy free of charge to a date before the end of 2022.
In all other cases, if you cancel a confirmed reservation, the $1,000 deposit will be charged and will be forfeited. Cancellation of a confirmed reservation within 90 days before the start of therapy is only possible on medical grounds (the doctor’s statement must be included in the cancellation). The payment already made for the therapy minus the deposit will be transferred to a subsequent therapy period.
If no doctor’s statement can be submitted, all payments already made will expire.
We look forward to welcoming you for your reserved dolphin assisted therapy program.
With warm regards,
Curacao Dolphin Therapy & Research Center.
Cancer Kids Project
"He asked me if I had an idea what heaven looked like, and envisioned what life would be as an angel. He was dead serious. On the first day of dolphin aid therapy these thoughts were just gone and replaced by 'yes' to life. For all of us." 🐬❤️ (Annette Lindner, quote from the book 'Delphintherapie - Beweis eines Wunders) by Kirsten Kuhnert