Meet Our Dolphins
Meet Our Dolphins – Special Swim
A Dolphin Swim for People with Special Needs
This unique opportunity is available for people with special needs who would like to interact with dolphins. Although this special swim, (or encounter session), is not therapy, a therapist will be present to ensure the customer’s safety and enjoyment. Upon arrival, the therapist will assess whether it is going to be an Encounter or a Swim based upon the client’s challenges. An Encounter is held on a specially designed Encounter platform where the Dolphin comes right up to you to interact with you. With the Swim, the client goes directly into the water to swim with the dolphin.
Your session is divided in three parts:
- Meeting the therapist, who then assess whether it will be an encounter or a swim, with a brief explanation about the session, preparing you for a successful and memorable experience with the dolphin.
- One-on-one interaction with the dolphin in the water, guided by the therapist, for a 30 minute session.
- A small chat with the therapist back on land, to make an assessment on the session.
Please contact us for availability!
- Cost: US$ 250
- a pre-screening is required
- Individuals, parents or legal guardians must sign the required permission forms.
- Additional photo packages are available for US$ 50 (based on availability in our photo and video department)
Learn about our program
Learn about our program
Application in Steps
List of diagnoses
Because of our wealth of expertise in so many facets of dolphin therapy, the CDTC offers therapy for an extensive list of special needs and psychological conditions.
We have listed some of the areas in which we can help ..
HOW TO APPLY
After having discussed the program with your regular doctor or therapist, and received his/her approval, you can easily apply for the dolphin assisted therapy program at CDTC. There are several steps in the application process. We will analyse the patient's unique condition and help you make decisions.
Over the years several foundations have been established to provide financial support to patients and their families who wish to participate in the Dolphin Assisted Therapy Program in Curaçao.
On this page you will learn about the different foundations that are active in various regions in The Netherlands, Germany & the USA.